Articles of Faith / What We Believe
1. We believe God is the author of the Holy Bible/Scriptures; itwas written by mendivinely inspired by God; it is God’s revelation of Himself to man.
2. We believe God is the only true and living God.He is an intelligent, spiritual, and personal Being, the Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe. He is holy, eternal, omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient.
3. We believe God the Father reigns over the universe. Christ is the eternal God the Son, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. God the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.
4. We believe Man was created by the special act of God in his own image and is the crowning work of His creation.
5. We believe Salvation is the redemption of the whole man, free to all who will believe and accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. Regeneration (the new birth) is a work of God’s grace whereby believers become new creatures in Christ Jesus. Repentance is a genuine turning from sin toward God. Justification is God’s gracious and full acquittal for all who repent.
6. We believe The New Testament Church is a local body of baptized believers in Christ Jesus associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel, observing the two ordinances of Christ, committed to His teachings and commission to all disciples, and diligent in exercising the gifts entrusted His disciples.
7. We believe Christian Baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Lord’s Supper, partaking of the bread and fruit of the vine,memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second return. Both are divinely ordainedacts of obedience symbolizing the believer’s faith and the blessed hope in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
8. We believe the first day of the week is the Lord’s Day. It commemorates the resurrection of Christ from the dead.
9. We believe God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring the world to its appropriate end. According to His promise, Jesus Christ will return personally and visibly; the dead will be raised; and Christ will judge all men in righteousness; and the righteous will receive their reward and will dwell in forever in Heaven with the Lord.